Role: Business Change Specialist
Employment Type: Full time (35 hours per week)
Role: Change Specialist / Business Change Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Change Specialist based at our Support Centre in Dunstable. You will be responsible for developing best practice business change management methods, standards, tools and techniques for use in programmes and projects. You will also support Business Change Managers and Business Change Leads in the Enterprise Programme Office (EPO) as they in turn help change agents in the business and delivery teams (business change leads, programme and project managers and PMO professionals) to apply the best practices.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and implement standard business change management methods and approaches
- Develop tailoring / flexing guidelines for standards, methods and approaches
- Provide links to other standards, e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, Agile, etc.
- Ensure tools and processes facilitate collaborative working across teams, departments and organisational boundaries
- Reduce programme and project lifecycles through effective methods to enable rapid mobilisation of programmes and projects
- Work with EPO Business Change Managers and Leads in their respective work with delivery teams (including lessons learned), to continuously improve sustainable, consistent and relevant business change management standards, procedures, templates, guidance and approaches to tailoring
- Support the Centre of Excellence Lead to engage and network with professional bodies and other (external) organisations and to help connect Whitbread best practice with external developments and practices – thereby both keeping Whitbread at the forefront of business change management and enhancing Whitbread’s reputation in the industry.
- Support development and delivery of business change management guidance and training as needed, using the most appropriate media.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the business
What we are looking for:
- Good methodology awareness (ideally including MSP, PRINCE2 and Agile), knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, including Six Sigma would be beneficial although not essential
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective business change management within programmes and projects
- Experience in creation, deployment and management of processes tools and frameworks to deliver change
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, providing a high level of service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Some understanding of PMO processes, standards and governance would be helpful.
- Results-focused with the ability to work collaboratively across the business and teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
In return we will offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.