Project and Programme Manager
Location: Field based role
Full Time: 35 hours per week.
We are looking for a capable, innovative and self-motivated Project and Programme Manager to join our busy team. This is a fast-paced role where you will be responsible for managing up to 15 large value projects at any one time and coordinating external consultant teams to ensure best performance across all project platforms. The projects will take you across the South East and South West of the UK, including high-profile developments in Central London.
About the role:
• You will take the lead in identifying, researching and preparing programmes of property development activity across a wide number of disciplines. Communicate these programmes to the organisation.
• Drive an ever-increasing awareness and agenda of Health and Safety issues throughout the programme and act to prevent issues and incidents
• Provide technical, financial and legislative support.
• Support statutory and estate needs to ensure compliance. Advise organisational partners on their requirements and assist in managing the appropriate process to remain legal.
• Attend site to monitor H&S, time, cost and quality across all activity and incorporate into monthly reporting packs as required. Provide further ad-hoc reports as requested for by your line manager and other functions within the organisation.
• Manage external consultants to ensure best fit for the project and appropriate use of resource. Challenge the approach to design where appropriate to maintain optimised delivery
• Lead the Project Management, Architectural and Quantity Surveying practices and ensure appropriate allocation of workload. Conduct regular team and project meetings.
• Assist in model design and cost development.
• In conjunction with the acquisitions team, drive the Architectural team and Planning Consultants to complete planning submissions and discharge conditions to enable projects to commence at the earliest.
• Ensure that freehold/leasehold considerations are dealt with regard to Landlords consents and that any purchase documentation reflects the true needs of the business and that model specifications are met.
• Assist in the drive towards zero carbon and sustainable development. Work with procurement to ensure that this remains at the top of the agenda and is balanced against resource and cost
• Work with Safety and Security, Procurement, Brand and Operational leads to ensure that internal stakeholders interests are appropriately represented. Prepare proposals for presentation and evolve design in line with feedback
• Hand projects over to the Operations Team complete, fully commissioned, operable and clean. Provide full 12 month post completion support and backup.
• Conduct quarterly audits of consultant reporting, documentation and data uploads.
What you’ll need:
• Extensive project & programme management experience
• Large scale complex budget management
• Successful consistent project delivery
• Experience dealing with multiple large-scale projects at any one time
• Working within multi-disciplined organisations
• Commercial awareness and decision making skills
• Familiarity and capability within Microsoft Office suite
• Full Driving Licence to enable you to get to sites
• Client side experience
• Previous experience within the construction industry delivering simultaneous multiple project programmes
• Leisure/Retail background
• Professionally qualified to MRICS/MCIOB/RIBA level
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 785081-2028
Advertised: 24 Nov 2022
Application closed: 30 Dec 2022