This brand-new role as the Disaster Recovery Manager (IT) and reporting directly into the Senior Service Delivery Manager (Service Ops) will provide the strategy and planning for our Infrastructure across all our Systems to make sure we are compatible and compliant across IT and the wider business.
Working closely with IT Services, Business Stakeholders and Suppliers, you will own and maintain the end-to-end Technology Continuity plans covering the design, implementation, testing, recovery process and aligned readiness by providing clear documentation, instructions, and communication plans. You’ll be working with technologies such as Cloud and SaaS to make sure all services including Infrastructure and applications protected and resilient to a disaster event.
Role: Disaster Recovery Manager (IT)
Salary: From £55,000 up to £65,000
Contract Type: Full-Time and Permanent
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire (LU5 5XE) and a hybrid way of working (minimum of 3 days a week)
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Healthcare: Family BUPA healthcare
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brand
Check out all our benefits here: https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll be doing:
- Create a Disaster Recovery framework and documentation of the recovery capability throughout the service ecosystems
- Build and execute all test plans with underpinning suppliers, internal teams, and dependent business units.
- Document all processes to initiate a Technology Continuity plan capturing all considerations, scenarios, and dependencies.
- Ensure readiness of BAU teams to invoke a Technology Continuity process.
- Support new, or changes to existing, services to ensure there is a Technology Continuity capability.
- Presenting to Senior Management the risk position, and potential impacts, for all services should there be a disaster event.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Major Incident team and the Incident Management Process to reduce the business impact of IT Service interruption.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas
- High level understanding of IT infrastructure and cloud (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and IT applications and service processes
- Experience of management and maintenance of relationships with suppliers/vendors of IT services
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
Be part of our Network Engineering Team at Whitbread
Keeping up with new platforms and real-world technologies allows us to get closer to our audience than ever before. Our dynamic Infrastructure Team are subject experts and a team who are enthusiastic about what they do. We encourage your application. Apply today or contact our recruitment team for more information.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 825676-1629
Advertised: 26 Jan 2024