As the new Data Engineer you'll be working as part of our rapidly growing data engineering team, who build products and services for Premier Inn.
You will support the creation and production of data products in conjunction with decision science team which includes creation and maintenance of data and CI/CD deployment pipelines, MLOps, setup of Azure data products as required for different data science prototyping scenarios, deployments to Pre-Prod and Prod and eventually accountability for supporting productionised data products.
Role: Data Engineer
Salary: £54,000pa - £60,000pa
Contract Type: Full-Time and Permanent
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire (LU5 5XE) and a hybrid way of working
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Healthcare: Family BUPA healthcare
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brand
Check out all our benefits here: https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver across the entire software delivery life cycle in an agile fashion – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release through to post implementation support for new data pipelines and data science products.
- Profile data, build data pipelines and orchestrate data flows.
- Design, creation and testing of CI/CD pipelines for each product to be productionised.
- Ensure all deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and conform to agreed architecture design patterns and coding standards.
- Undertake analytical activities required to support the development and maintenance of systems.
- Provide support on key products should there be an incident / problem related to a productionised product that requires a development fix.
- Support the project/backlog delivery events; planning / user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retrospectives.
Support / collaborate with the data science and platform teams by taking ownership of driving forward relevant stories (updating the ticket on the Kanban board & Jira).
- Passionate about building, maintaining and optimising scalable ML/data science-based data products.
What you’ll need:
- 2-4 years + experience in a data engineering role with responsibility for data and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong hands-on experience with of Python and/or Java to build data pipelines and orchestrate data flows.
- Proven experience using R, Python or SQL.
- Azure Data Services (Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse Analytics)
- Good understanding of data profiling and data types such as JSON and XML
- Hands-on experience with data storage systems such as Azure Blob Storage and Azure Data Lake.
- Good knowledge of version control system such as Git for code check in and PR’s
- Solid experience of T-SQL (stored procedures, functions)
- Integration and ETL experience
- Experience deploying code as part of CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps stack
- Experience of provisioning the Azure PAAS/IAAS environments through CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of general infrastructure, networking & security best practices
- Experience of using AzureML and Databricks.
Be part of our IT Team at Whitbread
Keeping up with new platforms and real-world technologies allows us to get closer to our audience than ever before. Our dynamic Data Platform Team are subject experts in raising the bar in the profession and at the forefront of innovation. They dive headfirst into the world of billions of data points, shaping them into insights that drive our organisation forward.
We encourage your application. Apply today or contact our recruitment team for more information.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 824104-1629
Advertised: 29 Nov 2023