As an experienced and seasoned Data Technical Lead for our Data Platforms, which is the centre of all insights and used for critical business and customer decision-making. You will be bringing your technical experience in managing complex data ecosystems, using your knowledge in Azure, Databricks, SQL and Python in architecting a robust data pipelines and optimizing storage solutions which will handle vast volumes of data.
You will be the Data SME for working with intricate stakeholders, able to address unique challenges and align technique solutions and drive successful data driven initiatives on how we will host our platform, ensuring governance is followed and sharing feedback accordingly.
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable, LU5 5XE. Hybrid Working. (We are also open for 1day per week in London).
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Healthcare: Family BUPA healthcare
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
- Bonus: up to 30% annual bonus
Check out all our benefits here: https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll Do:
- Produce and maintain high quality architectural design documentation for Data Platform.
- Define data structure and access patterns for secure and easy availability of data depending on requirement.
- Be the technical visionary to keep Data CoE and architect teams abreast with emerging data technologies and architectural advancements, such as data mesh.
- Maintain a realistic roadmap for technical changes and influence delivery, with hands on attitude to create prototypes to test them and implement to enable our vision for an exemplary Data Platform of the future behind a truly data-driven organisation.
- Understand business requirements and translate them technically to produce elegant data solutions/products in collaboration with architects, analysts and developers.
- Define and maintain a reference architecture in collaboration with Principal Data Architect, which will include a future view of the product in line with strategic vision.
- Acting as the Data Technical Governance Authority for Whitbread, provide assurance and feedback in line with Whitbread design principles for design presented by other colleagues at the Data Design Authority.
What We Need:
- Experience in maintaining up-to-date domain knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments.
- Knowledge of big data platform.
- Practical knowledge of data governance through use of data cataloguing and quality tools.
- Demonstrable experience with automated build and container tools preferably Azure based, i.e., DevOps and Kubernetes.
- Lambda Architecture and Big data processing techniques
- Azure, Databricks , SQL & Python
Desirable but not essential - Development of standards and ways of working that promote an integrated technical capability within the data CoE.
Be part of our IT Team at Whitbread
Keeping up with new platforms and real-world technologies allows us to get closer to our audience than ever before. Our dynamic Data Platform Team are subject experts in raising the bar in the profession and at the forefront of innovation. They dive headfirst into the world of billions of data points, shaping them into insights that drive our organisation forward.
We encourage your application. Apply today or contact our recruitment team for more information.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 821305-2028
Advertised: 16 Oct 2023