The role of Labour Finance Manager encompasses financial performance and planning oversight, cost insight and control, strategic initiatives and collaboration with various teams to optimise labour operations and achieve long term business goals.
Our business is growing exponentially and as the Senior Labour Finance Manager you will give financial support, performance management and control for circa £0.6 billion of labour costs. You might not have heard of Whitbread before, but we are a FTSE100. We own some of the UK’s most loved brands, including Premier Inn hotels and Beefeater restaurants.
Location: Dunstable, hybrid
Job Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- Healthcare: For you and your family
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
Check out all of our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll do:
- Financial control and leadership over labour scheduling and efficiencies delivery
- You will be responsible for monthly and annual reporting and insight, salaried structures and geographical reviews
- Site level labour budgeting
- Ownership, maintenance, and evolution of Premier Inn and Restaurants Labour Operating Model
- Support to deployment of a new People Programme system, leading WFM capabilities
- Heading up a team of 8 with 5 direct reports
What we need:
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- Good understanding of financial planning and management techniques
- Commercial Acumen – understanding of operational business drivers
- Team leadership and management experience
- Previous experience of Labour Scheduling systems and processes would be beneficial
Be part of our Finance at Whitbread:
Times are changing and our ambition is bigger than ever. This means huge things when it comes to budget and forecasting, and that’s where our Finance team really springs into action. Finding the right answers to drive us forwards. With new concepts launching, new spaces secured and reams of plans in motion, there’s no more exciting time to join than right now. Get to experience career growth that moves as fast as we do and be part of framing where we are heading.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 815836-2028
Advertised: 18 Aug 2023