Role: Senior Property Development Manager- Whitbread
We have big expansion plans within Premier Inn. This role will lead a programme of accelerated growth via the extension and/or additional development of the existing estate/sites. Managing teams and developing a team of external consultants across multiple sites, you will take a project from inception through to handover to the construction team.
Location: It is a field-based role with the flexibility to travel to sites across the country.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- Healthcare: For you and your family
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
Check out all of our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll do:
- Take the lead in identifying, researching, and preparing programmes of property extension activity across a wide number of disciplines
- Monitor time, cost and quality across all activity and incorporate into monthly reporting packs.
- Support statutory, operational and estate needs to ensure compliance. Advise individual businesses on their requirements and assist in managing the appropriate process to remain legal.
- Provide acquisition/development support to construction PP managers to support the development of the future pipeline.
- Ensure that freehold/leasehold considerations are dealt with regard to Landlords consents and that any purchase documentation reflects the true needs of the business and that model specifications are met.
What we need:
- Previous experience within the acquisition
sand development industry delivering simultaneous multiple project programmes
- Working within multi-disciplined organisations
- Acquisitions management, development management and property finance experience
- Understanding of end-to-end process of management
- Experience of restaurant/hotel operations, Investment finance and appraisal would be useful
Be part of our property team at Whitbread:
New premises, refit, floor plan, they’re all part of the day-to-day life in our property team. Here it’s all about getting everything ready for our guests’ arrival. Getting into the right places, strategically selection locations and ensuring every little detail is considered before our spaces are unveiled to the public. With plans to expand our portfolio of more than 800 hotels in the UK, Germany and the UAE, there are real opportunities to come on the journey with us and help us reach new global destinations. We’re just warming up.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 809906-2028
Advertised: 19 Jun 2023