Role: Demand Planning Manager - 12 month FTC
Location: Dunstable, we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role. There will be a requirement to travel to Wellingborough once a month
Whitbread are the one of the UK’s most loved hospitality providers, with brands like Premier Inn, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar & Block in our portfolio.
It’s an exciting time for our business as we continue to grow, both in the UK and beyond. In this pivotal role, you will lead a team of Demand Planning Analysts, to transform forecasts into a supply chain plan. You will have overall responsibility for all Food categories and brands, ensuring they have the right stock in the right place, at the right time.
Inside the role:
- Manage the Demand Planning process for all Premier Inn & Restaurant Food products from supplier to sites, including taking action to maximise availability of products through key events, seasonality and promotions to ensure the best possible service to stores by keeping the products at an optimum inventory level
- Accountability for c£350m COGS and £1.5b in revenue
- Line manage 2-3 Demand Analysts in Food ensuring that stock is in the right place at the right time, across the business
- Work with the data and insights team to create and manage a suite of reporting and data tools to facilitate effective end to end supply chain management
- Ensure the team is set up for success and provide extra support during peak periods
- Work closely with our 3rd party logistics company (GXO), ensuring orders and scale-outs are management properly and they are performing and adhering to KPI’s
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including – Operations, Finance, Procurement and Commercial
- Working together with the procurement, commercial and New Process teams - responsible for delivering the new menu critical path ensuring launches are delivered on time and in full to all restaurant brands
- Managing the Stock at Risk process, ensuring potential stock at risk is reported to business in the required timelines, and actions are driven to mitigate waste, by engaging all stakeholders needed. To report on site, depot and supplier stock
We’re open to you:
- Food Demand Planning experience
- Leadership and team management experience
- Ability to work in a fast based environment, to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with various stakeholders across the business, internally and externally
- Background in forecasting and analytics would be ideal
- Previous experience working with a 3rd party logistics is beneficial
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 807381-2028
Advertised: 24 May 2023
Application closed: 08 Jun 2023