With the expansion of Premier Inn & Restaurants in the domestic and International markets, Whitbread are looking to grow the internal capabilities to support the outlet infrastructure.
Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary : £55,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role
Package: Competitive Salary, plus up to 30% company performance-based bonus, private healthcare cover and many more benefits
About The Role
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the continued management and support of the Outlet Infrastructure, including building and configuring outlet devices (server, EUC and customer facing), configuration management, application packaging and deployment and device/application lifecycle management. The role holder will also ensure that all underlying Platforms are performant and available in line with business requirements
You will use your technical knowledge to suggest improvements for the outlet infrastructure and contribute towards project delivery as well as be required to translate requirements into technical solutions and processes, creating an open and approachable atmosphere.
Inside The Role
- Be a subject matter expert for outlet Infrastructure
- Manage the configuration and life cycle management of our outlet infrastructure, ensuring that the systems remain complaint and adhere to our security policies and standards
- Maintain the Platform Services ticket queues, ensuring that SLA’s are met in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes
- Manage third party Vendors to ensure that they continue to provide a consistent level of service, with a focus on ensuring we drive value for money
- Provide 3rd line support to major incidents
- Contribute to and maintain the Technology Services documentation repository, ensure oversight of supplier documentation where required
We’re Open To You
- SCCM and EUC build processes, including application / OS lifecycle management and security patching
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management/executives
- Incident Management and escalation processes
Knowledge and understanding of :
- Windows 10
- SCCM application and packaging, including bespoke applications.
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Administration
- EPOS platform experience, Supporting, patching and ongoing support of bespoke applications (Desirable)
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany, and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In Return, We Will Offer You
- An annual Whitbread Performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 807146-1629
Advertised: 22 May 2023