Role: F&B (Food and Beverage) Data Operations Lead
Function: Decision Science
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Location: Dunstable - we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Type of role: Permanent
We are looking for someone to Provide analytical, reporting and strategic data support to the Commercial F&B Function. Improving the quality of Customer Data and using it to drive more impactful commercial/operational processes and insight. This will involve working closely with Commercial F&B stakeholders, carrying out ad-hoc analysis where appropriate and delivering lasting change through the correct usage of data with the help of the Decision Science team.
Within the first 6 months in role, the role will be the go to F&B Data Subject Matter Expert for both the Commercial F&B function and within Decision Science.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with all relevant data queries, providing in depth analysis and out
- Working closely with the Data Ops Analyst to create reports and actions to follow up on Restaurants Customer data issues
- Work with BI, Data Science, Data Ops and IT teams to champion the needs and requirements of the F&B teams.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their goals and objectives. Using knowledge of the data landscape to suggest how to use, consume and exploit the datasets available.
- Attend meetings relating to new products or product changes in F&B (e.g tills systems, product management). Advising on requirements for data teams to be able to analyse and report where necessary
- Carry ad-hoc queries
- Maintain data quality
- Communicate the needs and priorities of the F&B teams to other stakeholders
- Understand and promote the opportunities that arrive from existing and new data
- Ensure new projects are carried out with the potential of data usage in mind
What you’ll need:
- Understanding of Databases and use of Reporting and Query tools, preferably in a Customer/Marketing environment
- Deeper understanding of the business value derived from improved data quality
- Understanding of regulations and compliance when handling customer data (GDPR)
- Advanced skills in structuring and manipulating data within Microsoft Excel
- Ability to query/modify data using SQL/NoSQL or using Microsoft Access
- Ability to analyse and visualise data in BI tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Previous experience of working with CRM, Data or IT teams in a collaborative project or continuous improvement environment
- Experience in documenting and sharing knowledge about data and processes
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 807111-1629
Advertised: 22 May 2023