Restaurant Manager - Edinburgh Area - Whitbread Restaurants
Salary: From £33,000 to £36,750 depending on experience plus the chance to earn 25% BONUS!
This is a permanent 48-hour contract reporting to the General Manager
In Whitbread our priority will always be to develop our internal talent to support them with their career goals and retain top talent in the business. As we continue to expand our portfolio we also need to look for external talent to support this and to invite different thinking and cultural add. We are now actively looking for the talent of the future. Initially the roles will operate alongside existing Managers until a suitable location becomes available. This is a great opportunity to learn the business from experienced team. We want to make sure our Managers have great work life balance so any permanent location will be within either 30 miles or 1 hour travel from your home.
Reporting to the General Manager, our Restaurant Managers play a pivotal part in the daily success and running of the restaurant. It’s all about creating a winning team and delivering the best service to our guests.
It takes a great team to deliver a best in class restaurant experience, so you’ll…
- Support the General Manager in the recruitment, induction and on boarding of any new team members.
- Demonstrate your leadership with a hands-on approach and effective communication, engaging and motivating your team through pre-shift briefs.
- Drive high individual performance through regular one to ones and coaching, ensuring they understand their goals
- Have an eye for detail, high standards and the ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Show passion for the brand, ensuring your team are as knowledgeable and confident as you are
We want you to be the best you can be and so we will give you the tools to manage labour and cost margins effectively. It’s up to you to show what you’ve got when it comes to driving sales and revenue, proactively using guest feedback to maximise opportunities.
We’re an innovative business so you’ll champion change and implement this with the team.
What’s in it for you
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from:
- Full induction and training.
- Excellent access to training and development programmes.
- The top tools and systems to achieve your KPI's
- 25% off in Whitbread Restaurants and up to 50% off Premier Inn hotels.
- High street and retail discounts, including phone packages, cinema tickets and Gym membership.
If you want to be part of a dynamic management team and our vision, develop yourself in a market leading company and have the skills, personality and passion to create moments that matter for our teams and guests then apply now!
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 805548-1629
Advertised: 05 May 2023
Application closed: 15 Jun 2023