Role: ER & ET Case Manager
Location: This is a Field base role with occasional travel to Dunstable and Birmingham (once a month for both) and some travel to our sites
Package: £45,000 - £48,000 + up to 10% bonus, Pension, BUPA Healthcare, Job need car if required
We’re Whitbread, home of Premier Inn, the UK’s largest hotel chain, as well as some of the nation’s favourite go-to restaurants, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table and Bar + Block.
As a leading hospitality business, Whitbread put people at the centre of everything we do. By offering our guests the best service when they are staying in our Hotels, or dining in our Restaurants, and by ensuring our employees get the support and guidance they need to keep the business running. As an ER & ET Manager, you will be a pivotal part of this, providing ER guidance and coaching our teams to achieve appropriate ER solutions.
Inside the role:
- Providing and delivering legally compliant and commercially focused Employee Relations and ET advice to support and upskill key stakeholders in the most efficient and effective way
- Partnering with HR Business Partners and senior business leaders to improve ER capability across the brand to provide line managers with confidence to deal with employee relations cases, helping to improve capability and reduce the requirement for external legal support to reduce legal expenditure.
- Providing a strong external view of ER and ETs through research and networking nationally, regionally and within the industry
- We’re open to you:
- You will have previous Employee Relations experience and thrive in environment where you can coach, upskill and support your peers and key stakeholders
- It goes without saying you will be an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills to help you deliver both personally and through others
- You will have experience of managing Employment Tribunal cases from start to finish on behalf of the business and individuals
- Your ability to multi-task and deliver to tight timescales will allow you to succeed in this fast paced, multi-faceted role
- With your proven understanding and application of UK Employment law and ER, in a fast paced, commercial environment you will be a pivotal part of delivering change management within Whitbread
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- Job need car
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 805381-1629
Advertised: 04 May 2023