Commercial Manager – Hotel Restaurants
Location: Dunstable (2 days a week).
Permanent: £45,000 - £50,000 + up to 30% bonus + 10% matched pension + private medical (family cover) + 25days holiday + share save scheme + privilege card.
We are hiring for a Commercial Manager within our Premier Inn restaurants, where you will be accountable for the delivery of the range, price and promotional plan, which will generate circa £100m in sales.
The goal is to drive top line sales through an effective pricing strategy, whilst leading the menu management process to ensure we have the right range of great tasting food that our guests will love.
This is an amazing time to join as there's a strategic programme which is providing investment to grow and improve our F&B offering to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- The creation & delivery of the hotel platform commercial trade plan on budget, on time and to the outlined sales & profit targets to drive market share (through improved guest frequency and acquisition of new guests)
- Accountable for the in-year trading brand health, maximising opportunities to drive revenue throughout the FY, and utilising all available levers (pricing, menu, promotions, incentives, loyalty, events) to drive performance
- Own the hotel platform food pricing strategy, ensuring it aligns to the brand values, supports the financial objectives, strengthens the brands position in a highly competitive market, is guest centric, agile and executable.
- Accountable for menu architecture - control and management of range size, newness, SPH targets. Works closely with the PI development chef to deliver a highly profitable, simplified, easy to delivery yet guest focused range
- Deliver the creation, implementation and evolution of the annual hotel platform promotional strategy, working closely with brand and marketing communications to optimise the most effective channels and deliver the outlined budgeted sales and profit targets
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrates a commercial, numerate and results orientation attitude with utmost focus on guest
- Strong commercial acumen – understanding of operational business drivers and levers impacting sales & margin – especially in the area of price elasticity, promotional effectiveness and driving overall profit growth
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high levels of gravitas, influencing skills and strong team-building skills
- Creative and disruptive thinker with the ability to deliver on a practical and commercial basis
- Excellent influencer and communicator, focused on building relationships across the business
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 803054-1629
Advertised: 16 May 2023