Role: Agile Delivery Manager
Location: Holborn, London and we work to a hybrid way of working with coming into the office twice a week.
You will have the challenge of working on and improving live products used by millions of users across the world. To give you an idea of the scale, our premierinn.com website handles nearly £2billion transactions per year.
What you will be doing:
- Work alongside senior commercial and IT stakeholders to ensure your teams deliver the highest standards of quality whether that be in building, releasing, maintaining or reporting on your product platform
- Work across the Delivery and Engineering teams to ensure the DevOps strategy is followed
- Be in effect the face of Digital technology for all internal and external parties with a vested interest in your product platform ranging from Whitbread executives through to 1st line support engineers and on occasion our valued customers so you will manage pro-active and reactive communications with finesse, humility and authority.
- You will regularly be in situations where you will be face to face with board level directors, managing the expectations they place on a technical owner of their £1.4bn sales platform, developing and maintaining their confidence in both you, your teams and the overall Digital technology function
- Be the primary point of contact for your counterpart Product Manager. Alongside the Product Manager and the Engineering Managers responsible for the layers of technology that make up your product platform, you will lead the planning of both the future initiatives pipeline readiness but also the forward planning of people and system capacity estimating and associated budgeting on a rolling 12 months
- Be part of the Digital management team with an attitude for 24/7 ownership of both your own platform but also the overall Digital platform and its reputation within the business and with our various customer bases
- Push the boundaries of what we believe good looks like through leading Digital management initiatives, driving improvements across people, processes and systems.
- You will hate to fail but not scared to do so either and you will instil this into the teams you manage and support courage in your management peers
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects, channels and platforms, as well as the risks and issues jeopardising your teams’ success, ensuring that the appropriate resources are utilised, stakeholders are regularly informed and that the consequences of any actions are clearly understood
What we'd like you to have:
- Solid experience operating within Agile teams in a leadership capacity
- 5+ Years of Scrum Master experience
- Certifications and extensive experience with Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, DevOps
- Advanced level of skill with Jira, Confluence, Microsoft 365 (Office), Mural
- Proven experience of delivering high availability highly transactional B2C and B2B services
- A demonstrable passion for digital experiences
- Strong stakeholder management skills with multiple external suppliers/service providers.
- Online/digital/direct-to-consumer industry experience.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. We have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute for the last 10 years.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- BUPA healthcare for yourself and family
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 801543-2028
Advertised: 17 Mar 2023