This role is our feet on the ground and our finger on the pulse when it comes to capturing how great it is to work here. You'll work closely with our hotel and restaurant teams to tell stories across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and Twitter that inspire a fresh wave of talent to join Whitbread and our brands, with a particular focus on Operational roles. Working closely with our Employer Brand Manager to make sure the messaging is right; we'd love to hear your ideas on how we can grow our social channels and stand out as the top employer we are.
What you will be doing:
- Source and adapt content for our core social media channels in line with employer brand frameworks
- Work with the Employer Brand Manager to understand tone of voice, content themes and post frequency for all campaigns and always on activity
- Source content from internal communications, resourcing team, internal partners and stakeholders, and adapt appropriately for each channel
- Manage posting and post engagement on core channels; LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Glassdoor, MyGWork
- Manage all social media communications, providing appropriate and timely actions and responses, including comments and direct messages
- Develop plan for each channel to achieve increased followers
What you’ll need:
- Broad knowledge of social media channels and emerging trends
- Working knowledge of Facebook (including paid), Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Social media analytics
- Expert networking and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Excellent written communication skills including ability to adopt multiple tones of voice
- Ability to run multiple assignments concurrently and effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, self-motivated.
- Proven success in a social media role, working with organic and sponsored content.
- Proven success of creating impactful social media content, resulting in tangible results
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 801427-1629
Advertised: 16 Mar 2023