People are at the centre of everything we do, be it our customers or team we focus all our energy on ensuring they get the best experience. Our Employee Relations team are critical in ensuring the our teams get the best possible experience when it come to their employment with Whitbread.
The Employee Relations Advisor plays a key role in this, supporting the team with BAU case management.
Inside the role:
- Dealing with ER queries via phone, email and face to face using your knowledge and understanding of employment law
- Providing subject matter expertise about Employee Relations processes and Employment Policy
- Coaching stakeholders, providing advice, recommendations and supporting them with the implementation of commercial solutions
- Gaining a full understanding and full context of circumstances in order to respond to matters appropriately
- Proactively follow up on agreed actions and timescales and following up on the outcome of cases
- Liaising with external providers of ER related services (such as Occupational Health) to deliver relevant and timely services
- Supporting Line Managers on any adjustments that need to be make for their employees
- Ensuring Managers have the relevant templates and reports
We’re open to you:
- Understanding of ER policies and UK employment law is desirable
- Good communication and the ability to deal with difficult situations appropriately remaining calm and non-judgemental
- Attention to detail
- Good logical judgement
- Ability to communicate HR language and policies to stakeholders external to the HR environment and bring those policies to life
- Experience dealing with workplace issues either as ER Advisor, Line Manager or another position where you may have gained these skills
- Currently, or interested in studying for your CIPD is desirable
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 800912-1629
Advertised: 10 Mar 2023