Role: Major Incident Manager
Shift: There will be on call work 1 in 4 weeks.
Location: Dunstable, we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Package: Competitive basic salary + 30% bonus, Pension, BUPA Healthcare.
This is a crucial part of the Service Operations team, and you will work across all IT Services/Suppliers and will be accountable for the management of Major IT Incidents impacting all guests and internal teams ensuring that service is restored as efficiently as possible.
You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the Major Incident including the post incident activity, ensuring that Problem Records are raised for Major Incidents and that all learnings are identified, and mitigating actions are agreed, tracked and implemented.
The role is also responsible for Problem Management, proactively identifying and driving problems & improvements across all suppliers.
Inside the role:
- Major Incident Management
- Root Cause analysis
- Post Incident Reviews
- Problem Management & Continuous Service Improvement
- Knowledge management in relation to services, suppliers and service failure impact assessments
- Facilitating a Daily Operational Conference call
- Operational Service Reporting
- Provide out of hours response for Major Incident Management and Escalations (on an agreed rota basis)
- Work with Project and Service Design teams to define the support services to enable a smooth transition to BAU support.
- Act as key stakeholder in assessing requests for changes to IT Services as part of Change Approval Board.
We’re open to you:
- Major Incident Management/Incident Management experience.
- Excellent communication skills with non-technical stakeholders to ensure that they understand the impact of Major Incidents and the actions taken to resolve.
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills to act as a single point of contact for senior business stakeholders in relation to Major Incidents and Escalations.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 800739-2028
Advertised: 09 Mar 2023
Application closed: 24 Aug 2023