You will be responsible for the development and ‘day-to-day’ operation of information security risk management processes that will deliver an environment where Whitbread’s senior management are always aware of the organisation’s information related risks.
Role: Information Security Risk Manager
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role
Package: £55k - £65k plus up to 30% company performance-based bonus, private healthcare cover and many more benefits
The role supports the Head of Information Security - Governance, Risk and Compliance in the management of information related risk. The main ‘customers’ that will consume output from the risk management processes are:
- Senior Business managers
- The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- IT Leadership team
- IT Management team
Inside The Role
You will be developing and gaining senior stakeholder approval for an information security risk management process that:
- Enables senior stakeholders to accurately understand the organisation’s information related risks
- Allows for related decisions to be made at the appropriate level within the organisation against pre-agreed acceptance criteria
- Is adopted as a common approach across the organisation
- Tracks and reports upon risk management decisions
- Thought leadership within the organisation regarding information security risk management
- Evangelising and promoting risk management to improve the organisation’s understanding of its related exposure and accurately inform related investment decisions
We’re Open To You
- In-depth understanding, preferably demonstrated by a recognised relevant qualification, of security industry ‘good practice’ in relation to information security risk management
- A demonstrable understanding of relevant laws and regulations relating to the protection of information, for example GDPR, and the potential consequences to Whitbread of non-compliance
- In-depth understanding of how information security related risks can impact an organisation, especially in relation to Whitbread’s businesses
- Understanding of the potential regulatory impacts from relevant laws and regulation.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany, and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In Return, We Will Offer You
- An annual Whitbread Performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 800499-1629
Advertised: 06 Mar 2023