Here at Whitbread, it’s all about getting everything ready for our guests’ arrival. Strategically selecting locations, securing the right sites, and ensuring every little detail is considered before our spaces are unveiled to the public. With plans to expand our portfolio of more than 800 hotels in the UK, Germany and the UAE, there are real opportunities to come on the journey with us and help us reach new destinations. We’re just warming up.
This role will enable Acquisition Managers within the London team to focus on sourcing and securing new opportunities and take on the time-consuming element of their current job role. You will be responsible for driving sites from purchase through the process of securing necessary planning permissions, neighbourly agreements, and removing other site risks, allowing a more efficient subsequent procurement and project delivery.
Inside the role:
- Maximising the commercial success of a scheme against a business plan and budget
- Assemble and appoint appropriate consultants
- Develop relationships with parties to refine a preferred London panel of advisors as appropriate. This will be flexible based on the individual requirements of specific projects, however will provide an accepted base of consultants
- Manage the planning process
- Identify and manage site related issues and risks
- Agree and manage the project programme, including associated risks
- Reporting and updates in an agreed format on a monthly basis
- Ownership of sites from exchange to unconditional / hand over to Project Management team
- Be a single point of contact for the acquisitions team lead on all such projects
- Provide input into acquisitions appraisals as necessary
- The projects covered will be within London only, possibly with some regional responsibility
- This role will only deal with Freehold/Long Leasehold ‘self build’ sites
We’re open to you:
- Ideally an industry recognised qualification (MRICS or equivalent)
- Background in a similar position being able to demonstrate the skillset required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with local authorities
- Good attention to detail
- Good understanding of the Development industry
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the “great night’s sleep guaranteed” people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- Bespoke incentive scheme of up to 75% of annual salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 798287-2028
Advertised: 15 Feb 2023