Role: IT Service Operations Manager
Location: Dunstable, we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Package: Competitive basic salary + 30% bonus, Pension, BUPA Healthcare.
Inside the role:
- Build relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure that the services they provide meet the service and budget expectations of Whitbread.
- Own and maintain processes taking accountability for seeking out improvements to processes and their adoption and participation by the wider support organisation and business.
- Ensuring that root cause is established for all major incidents and that corrective actions are captured, tracked, reported, and managed to an evidenced conclusion.
- Governance and leadership of the Service Desk and Service Management toolset to ensure these are fit for purpose and optimised to support the delivery of services
- Work closely with Service Delivery Managers, Business stakeholders and Suppliers. Review service performance and understand service experience.
- Recruit, lead, motivate, develop, and manage the performance of direct reports, building a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver the required results.
We’re open to you:
- Demonstrable management experience building cross-function consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients.
- Experience managing and leading a high-performing, cohesive team
- Experience of working with a mix of insourced, outsourced as well as onshore/offshore, agile & waterfall service providers.
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas.
- Cares and take accountability for incidents, escalations and problem resolution and uses expertise to offer solution options and recommendations.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 796351-2028
Advertised: 23 Jan 2023
Application closed: 12 Sep 2023