Role: Investment Analyst
Function: Commercial Property
Location: Dunstable - we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
As Investment Finance Analyst, you will be an integral part of the Investment Finance team who sit alongside, and work collaboratively with, the Property Acquisitions team. Reporting into the Investment Finance Manager, this role forms an integral part of the investment cycle with responsibility for supporting the appraisal of new hotel investments across both the UK and Germany. If you are a Finance Analyst that has a natural interest in investment within property acquisition this could be a brilliant opportunity.
Inside the Role
- Working within the investments team to fully understand the investment cycle whilst delivering investment appraisals in a timely and accurate way.
- Rigorous appraisal and challenge is provided ahead of and during the planning meeting to all new site proposals.
- Working across Finance and other areas of the business to obtain updated business operating assumptions to update the financial appraisal model.
- As a key part of the role, the individual will be required to be able to model and explain the financial outcome of proposed strategies (eg sale of site and transfer of trade, knock down & redevelopment of existing assets).
- Support delivery of the financial modelling and outputs which drive strategic decision making. A firm understanding of the project appraisal review (PAR) model will be required and an ability to create suitable financial models applying the same principles will be critical.
- Regularly review and update to reflect appropriate application of appraisal techniques and metrics.
- Suggest and drive efficiencies and improvements in the investment cycle, communicating effectively any changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop financial appraisal models for new concepts ensuring assumptions are based off sound logic and give insight into the key financial levers.
- Develop strong relationships with the Acquisitions and Business Development Teams to fully understand sites being appraised and to ensure the inputs and assumptions are accurate & robust.
- Through a strong understanding of the current Business-wide issues, be able to credibly challenge and support the teams to prepare high quality investment papers
- Work closely with Property stakeholders to gain early sight of future appraisals and ensure bottlenecks are avoided and/or managed effectively
We’re open to you
- A strong desire to working within Finance, ideally with a minimum 1 year experience in a commercial focussed finance role.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation & prioritisation skills
- Analytical mind-set with ability to understand, join dots at speed and requires minimal support in coming up with financial models
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to understand, challenge, inform investment decisions
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to present succinctly to senior stakeholders
- Works well under pressure and can prioritise work effectively
- Experience working with both finance & non-finance teams
- Strong financial modelling expertise
- Ability to be able to work out a means to derive meaningful analysis
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 795678-2028
Advertised: 16 Jan 2023