Role: ER Delivery Manager – 4m FTC
Location: Field Based (this is a field-based role, your stakeholders will be based across the North of the England & Scotland, ideally you will be based somewhere that will allow you to visit our Hotels and Restaurants regularly)
Package: Competitive basic salary + up to 30% bonus, Pension, BUPA Healthcare, Job need car
We’re Whitbread, home of Premier Inn, the UK’s largest hotel chain, as well as some of the nation’s favourite go-to restaurants, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table and Bar + Block.
As a leading hospitality business, Whitbread put people at the centre of everything we do. By offering our guests the best service when they are staying in our Hotels, or dining in our Restaurants, and by ensuring our employees get the support and guidance they need to keep the business running. As an ER Delivery Manager, you will be a pivotal part of this, providing ER guidance and coaching our teams to achieve appropriate ER solutions.
Inside the role:
- Providing and delivering legally compliant and commercially focused Employee Relations advice to support and upskill key stakeholders in the most efficient and effective way.
- Leading and delivering technical guidance as an SME for relevant business and change projects, with a core focus on TUPE and change programmes.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners and senior business leaders to improve ER capability across the brand to provide line managers with confidence to deal with employee relations cases, helping to improve capability and reduce the requirement for external legal support to reduce legal expenditure.
- Providing a strong external view of ER and engagement through research and networking nationally, regionally and within the industry.
- Work in partnership with the ER Helpdesk Team to understand trends and patterns from calls and emails that are logged with the team.
We’re open to you:
- You will have previous Employee Relations experience, within a complex and high-volume environment.
- You'll thrive in environment where are working within a team and you can coach, upskill and support your peers and key stakeholders.
- It goes without saying you will be an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills to help you deliver both personally and through others.
- You will have experience attending tribunals on behalf of the business and individuals.
- Your ability to multi-task and deliver to tight timescales will allow you to succeed in this fast paced, multi-faceted role.
- With your proven understanding and application of UK Employment law and ER, particularly redundancy and TUPE, in a fast paced, commercial environment you will be a pivotal part of delivering change management within Whitbread.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
• Job need car.
• An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary.
• An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%.
• Family BUPA healthcare.
• Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands.
• Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares.
• Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year.
• Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands.
• Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes.
• A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 794213-1629
Advertised: 24 Jan 2023
Application closed: 24 Feb 2023