Role: SEO Senior Analyst
Function: Restaurants Marketing
Location: Dunstable - we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Type of role: Permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive SEO Senior Analyst to join our Ecommerce team. As part of the Ecommerce team the SEO Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the organic presence (Meta & SEO) across six Restaurant brands, and apps (when available).
The role of the SEO Specialist is to manage & complete all technical, on-page and off-site SEO work to increase traffic, bookings and SEO linked indicators. A practical understanding of the key principles for organic success from both a brand and technical perspective is essential.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that content projects are measurable against goals
- Building a 12-month roadmap for all SEO activities
- Data driven evaluation of commercial initiatives and projects from an SEO perspective
- Technical SEO tasks prioritised for the development team, on-page SEO prioritised for the content producers and off-site SEO prioritised for agencies
- Develop reporting frameworks with Ecommerce Analyst
- Generate and share valuable data and information to guide future campaign content projects
- Work with the rest of the Digital Team to monitor effectiveness of content and support customer and commercial objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Understands how projects are set-up and managed
- Familiarity with search engines and common search terminology
- Thorough understanding of CMS capabilities
- Experience of using a CMS
- Agency liaison and management
- Basic understanding of retail ecommerce including internet advertising and customer retention
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Link Building, Technical Audits, Meta-tags, Backlinks
- SEO copy writing skills to support content producers
- Technical SEO knowledge to raise technical SEO requirements for developers & QA teams
- Clear communication of insights and reports and not afraid to be challenged by stakeholders
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 791558-1629
Advertised: 01 Dec 2022