Role: Finance Manager, Acquisitions (DE)
Function: Commercial Property
Location: Dunstable - we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Employment Type: Permanent, Part Time 4 days per week
Working in the commercial property team, you will play a pivotal role in continuing to drive the growth and optimisation strategy for Whitbread with an initial focus on Germany. With a strong aptitude for complex analysis, ability to apply a commercial lens to opportunities, and great business partnering skills, this individual will support the financial appraisal and preparation/writing of board papers for new hotel investment each year.
Inside the Role
- Make sure that rigorous appraisal and challenge is provided ahead of and during the appraisal process for all new site opportunities, with accurate framing of decisions/actions
- Presentation and explanation of site specific issues to a range of senior stakeholders
- You will have the ability to prepare/write compelling board papers supporting strategically important investments, distilling complex financials into easy to understand well presented papers.
- Board papers pitched at board level and presented on time and to the correct specification to the investment.
- Ensure relevant actions from governance meetings are minuted, actioned and a robust audit trail of decisions is maintained.
- The role holder will be a recognised expert on the Germany investment process in the business and will be in a great position to support further international expansion opportunities
- Support the line manager in periodic reviews of the property investment model, working collaboratively across key senior stakeholders in the business.
- In conjunction with the wider investment team, maintain and improve the Investment cycle.
- Develop strong relationships with the Germany acquisition managers, operational and business development teams.
- Support analysis of the post completion review (PCR) of German site investments, leveraging learnings from the UK PCR exercise and overlaying business and country specific adjustments into the analysis
- Identify trends/learnings, provide recommendations to inform the future strategy and lead the work to roll changes agreed into future site appraisals
- Ensure effective communication with the broader property team, driving a coherent and enjoyable team environment
We’re open to you
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret impact on investment appraisals
- Analytical mindset with ability to understand, challenge and inform on investment decisions
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to build strong stakeholder relationship
- Strong financial modelling expertise is critical
- Ability to present succinctly to stakeholders.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 790454-1629
Advertised: 22 Nov 2022