Role: Finance Manager- Property Strategy
Function: Commercial Property
Location: Dunstable - we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
The property strategy finance team sits at the heart of our wider estate planning function, this role will drive the site level property strategy, with ownership of writing strategic papers through to Exco. board level, alongside writing catchment strategy papers that will include a combination of disposal/redevelopment of existing sites, as well as linking these to new site acquisitions.
Inside the Role
- You will play a pivotal role in re-defining the approach and modelling to understand which sites within our existing estate we may want to exit/extend/trade.
- In-depth analysis of the current estate and working closely with the property team to identify and clarify opportunities for rooms growth and/or asset optimisation.
- Lead site visits to gather insight. Drive discussions thereafter with Property and Finance teams to agree catchment and site level strategies including intensification opportunities.
- Own all financial modelling and outputs which drive strategic decision making. A firm understanding of the project appraisal review (PAR) model will be required and an ability to create suitable financial models applying the same principles will be critical.
- Write strategic proposals which will be reviewed at a board level. Have an ability to engage at an exec level to formulate and seek buy-in for strategic papers.
- Be a key participant of Investment and Property meetings to articulate the business case for proposed strategies and discuss/challenge opportunities which are presented
- Own the financial information inputs for all property strategy databases.
- Own the monthly Property Strategy KPI pack. This involves working with the Property Exec to define and monitor progress of key initiatives across property.
- Lead the monthly finance link meeting to keep key teams informed with progress of strategies and drive discussions on implications across finance areas including; fixed asset, audit, P&L reporting and FP&A
- Be a key participant in the monthly site by site review forum to support responsible investment decision safeguarding across the PI&R estate
We’re open to you
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Senior stakeholder management and influencing
- Influencing skills to liaise with function heads
- Simplify complex financial concepts and translate business strategy into operational plans
- Able to join the dots at speed and identify key drivers of financial outputs
- Strategic mindset and ability to work across multiple stakeholders in matrix environment
- Complex financial modelling essential, property financial modelling preferred
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- Car Allowance
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 790453-1629
Advertised: 17 Nov 2022