Senior Internal Communications Manager | 6 months FTC | Hybrid Working
We believe that the best experiences for our guests start with the best experiences for our teams. Internal Communications has a big part to play in this and so could you.
As an Interim Senior Internal Communications Manager, you’ll help shape and deliver a fresh internal communications agenda with strong leadership engagement and impactful channels fuelled with compelling content and a focus on two-way interaction.
In this role you will support projects across the full breadth of the Internal Comms team – from change communications to campaigns, operational guidance to reactive communications, with a focus on leader-led content that helps to engage Team Members in our strategic priorities and their role in delivering our plan.
You’ll thrive on managing multiple projects and stakeholders, often with short deadlines and always be ready to suggest solutions or try something new. You’ll have the ability to keep focus under pressure, provide expert advice on our channels, create clear action plans and feel confident to challenge and suggest new ideas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support Head of Internal Communications in the development of the IC strategy
- Advocate for the Internal Communications strategy, ensuring change strategies and campaigns support the business
- Write communications for the CEO, members of the Executive Committee and broader leaders as relevant, that demonstrate our progress against our strategy
- Engage our Team Members in Whitbread’s strategy, focus areas, culture, and purpose, ensuring all understand and feel inspired
- Own and lead the internal communications around our business strategy and performance, including all key financial milestones through the year (Full/Half Year Results) and increasing visibility of our performance throughout the year
- Solicit input, buy-in and agreement from the Executive Committee on key focus areas
- Leads the communications workstream of large-scale organisational design changes, advising and working with the business to agree the detailed communications plan to support behavioural change in line with business growth ambitions
What you’ll need:
- Strong background in internal leadership communications and experience in businesses operating in rapidly changing markets
- Strong all-round knowledge of internal communication processes, methods, systems, and technologies
- Knows the value effective internal communications can add to a business
- Keeps up to date with latest communications developments and has a thirst for continual improvement
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 790222-1629
Advertised: 14 Nov 2022