Head of Food Technology | Hybrid Working (2 days from Dunstable) | Permanent
We’re launching a huge investment programme to change our F&B and Restaurants proposition, and as such we’ve signed off a number of strategic roles to help support this.
We are hiring for a Head of Food Technology where you will lead and drive the technical agenda for Premier Inn and Restaurants.
Beyond functional responsibilities, the Head of Food Technology is a key member of the senior Whitbread management team and Food Safety & Integrity Steering Board; galvanising the organisation behind shared goals, facilitating collaborative working relationships and great communication across departments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct a formal Annual Review of the Food Risks, share this for agreement at the Food Safety and Integrity Steering Group and agree any operational changes required to better mitigate risks
- Reflect the risk rating in an update of the Critical Squares for Whitbread/NSF use in Risk Management to inform the audit and testing protocols
- Establish a Governance (Food Safety, Integrity, Legality and Quality) reporting framework for reporting of agreed KPIs; weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Lead and direct reviews of all technical policies as required, including – allergens, quality, nutritional etc.
- Lead the Crisis Management of any food safety, integrity, legality related incident. Contribute to the Crisis Management of wider issues as Food Technology SME
- To ensure that Audit / product testing /surveillance plans are refined to best deliver effective due diligence and cost effectiveness
- Drive Continuous Improvement agendas with all service providers and stakeholders to drive frictionless ways of working and improve efficiency
- Establish a program of Supply base Governance (Safety & Quality), reviews proportionate to the risk (commercial and technical) to Whitbread
What you’ll need:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with many cross functional teams including but not limited to F&B development, technical, marketing, suppliers & Service providers
- 10+ years of experience in Technology within food and beverage industry – food manufacturing, food service or retail sectors
- Expert knowledge of food technology, integrity, safety and legality
- Knowledge of current and emerging food technology and research and trends
- IT competency – data analysis and insight
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance of £7k
- Up to 40% bonus
- 10% matched pension
- Private Medical (family cover)
- 25 days holiday
- Perks at Work
- Share Save Scheme
- Privilege Card (Up to 50% off Premier Inn stays and 25% off Restaurants).
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 789883-1629
Advertised: 10 Nov 2022