The role will be hybrid with one day working in London and one day in Dunstable.
This is an exciting time for our restaurant business as our future strategy and brand visions have been being developed and as such we have undertaken a lot of ad-hoc research in the last few months and the Insight lead will embed the research, ensuring it is understood and actioned and is built into strategy or plans.
You will be hands on in using the market data and relevant external thought leadership to become the go-to expert on the macro trends influencing our market and our business, the restaurant market and our performance vs. competitors.
For occasional needs for new research, the Insight lead will work closely with colleagues in our research team to define a clear brief and make best use of the tools we already have available to us (e.g. our online community).
What's the role?
- You will Build and maintain strong working partnerships with stakeholders to maximise use of existing research and ensuring it is well understood & appropriately built into strategy & plans and that it does follow through into actions.
Using existing research and data to build up a knowledge bank of insight truths and trends so that anyone can quickly and easily be brought up to speed on what they need to know about our market, our competition, our brands, our customers.
- Proactively getting really close to the brand marketing, commercial, operational and financial priorities of the restaurant business, using existing research and data sources or where needed taking charge of bringing in relevant new insight.
- Delivering insight that is joined-up, human and compelling, recognising that the stakeholders have many demands on their time so sometimes the most compelling insight will be quick and relevant soundbites.
- Effectively using the market data to inform the business of the trends in the restaurant market (and F&B within hotels), how consumers are behaving and implications for our brands. Taking a hands-on approach to this and also helping colleagues within commercial and finance roles
Who are you?
- Passionate about turning insights into action through delivering compelling insight and following it through to action
- Experienced in using research and data and joining up insight across sources. Strong with market data which could have been developed through experience with EPOS, panel, loyalty card or spending data or similar. Your background could be agency or clientside.
- Great at managing stakeholder and agency relationships and are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable with matrix working and excited by being part both of the restaurant team and of the central insight team
- Ability to think bigger picture and point out the wider implications of insight on our business
What we'll give you in return:
- A market competitive base salary
- up to 30% bonus
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 789238-1629
Advertised: 16 Nov 2022