They will be the primary point of contact for communication to all senior business leaders and teams in relation to Major Incidents and will co-ordinate activity from internal and external service providers during the investigation and resolution of the incident.
The Major Incident Manager will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the Major Incident including the post incident activity, ensuring that Problem Records are raised for Major Incidents and that all learnings are identified and mitigating actions are agreed, tracked and implemented.
The role is also responsible for Problem Management, proactively identifying and driving problems & improvements across all suppliers to, for example
- Reduce/remove the business impacts from IT outages & incidents
- Reduce the of number incidents/calls to the Service Desk
- Improve processes to resolve incidents more efficiently
- Improve customer experience and customer satisfaction when engaging IT
The roles specific accountabilities will include:-
- Major Incident Management
- Root Cause analysis
- Post Incident Reviews
- Problem Management & Continuous Service Improvement
- Knowledge management in relation to services, suppliers and service failure impact assessments
- Facilitating a Daily Operational Conference call
- Operational Service Reporting
Provide out of hours response for Major Incident Management and Escalations (on an agreed rota basis)
- Work with Project and Service Design teams to define the support services to enable a smooth transition to BAU support.
- Act as key stakeholder in assessing requests for changes to IT Services as part of Change Approval Board
What we'd like you to have:
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In Return, We Will Offer You
A market competitive base salary
Up to 30% annual bonus
A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
A genuine flexible working policy
Individual BUPA healthcare
Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
Free parking across our Head Office campus
Up to 25% discount off our brands
Perks at work
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 786653-1629
Advertised: 17 Nov 2022
Application closed: 20 Jun 2023