Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting, and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue, and sales, and you’re there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you in.
Our Commercial Team play a critical and exciting role in setting and managing the future commercial strategy for restaurant brands and play a pivotal role in evolving these well-known and much-loved brands and accountable for the development of the trading strategy and delivery of the range, price and promotional plan for the platform, c. £204m sales.
As the Pricing analyst you will report into the Commercial Manager and play an integral part in helping to provide insight, trends and meaningful reports on our agreed pricing and range strategy.
You will help support the decision making on increased sales and profits for our restaurants by making and setting the pricing and range from researching and tracking the markets and helping to adjust our prices according, coupled with being able to produce meaningly reports accordingly.
Inside the role:
- Accountable for providing an authoritative view of the organisation’s pricing position in the market and a clear understanding of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats – local and national across different price bands and menus vs the competitive set
- Supporting the Commercial Manager to communicate key pricing strategies in line with the proposed menu/seasonal cycles.
- Utilise MI to identify risks, issues, and opportunities to sales/profit delivery and in time work with the Commercial Manager to formulate appropriate changes to our pricing levers to maximise performance.
Open to you:
- Demonstrates a commercial, numerate and results orientation attitude with utmost focus on guests – excellent attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience in interpreting multiple data sources and able to make informed recommendations to improve and enhance our pricing and range strategy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high levels of gravitas, influencing and strong team-building skills
- Creative and disruptive thinker with the ability to deliver on a practical and commercial basis.
- Excellent influencer and communicator, focused on building relationships across the business
- Ability to take a strategic approach to the organisation’s internal and external environment and develop detailed understanding of the organisation and its opportunities for growth.
- Intermediate/advance excel.
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
- Basic salary – £competitive and other benefits
- Up to 10% bonus based on company performance
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 786617-1629
Advertised: 09 Nov 2022