Permanent | Holborn
We have an exciting opportunity for a Snr Cloud Engineer within our digital hub in London. Can you take scalable cloud services to new heights? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of developing our products? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
We are proud of our tech stack, which depending upon your role, gives our engineers the opportunity to work with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Java, Spring, AEM, Android (Kotlin), iOS (Swift), ReactJS, Angular JS, Cypress.
What you will be doing to contribute
- Implementing automation with open source technology to deliver immutable infrastructure and consistent environments.
- Helping to define and maintain a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework.
- Operational support and engineering for large distributed software applications.
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, release management and integration testing.
- Define a monitoring strategy that allows the gathering and analysing of metrics from both infrastructure and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Integration of Whitbread systems with external applications and dependencies.
- Analysis of current capacity and future growth to feed into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning.
- Provides occasional out of hours support for major incidents requiring 2nd / 3rd level analysis.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and techniques in the environment management realm and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes.
- A DevOps mindset with a willingness to share knowledge and able to influence others.
- You are passionate about continuously growing your skills and making a difference.
- You will bring ideas, challenge and offer solutions to the team.
- Produce high-quality, clean and performant code.
- Product mindset and passion about building for internal stakeholders and external customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
Required skills and experience
- Snr level experience supporting, mentoring or leading other team members.
- Strong experience of designing and implementing AWS production systems.
- Experienced in building and deploying integrated systems using 'infrastructure as code' techniques using Terraform)
- Strong track-record of working with DevOps/SecOps deployment, automation, orchestration and monitoring, using Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, AppDynamics.
- Experience of implementing resilient, highly scalable and highly available enterprise systems using MicroServices architecture.
- Working knowledge of Agile processes and tools required to promote this methodology.
- Ability to work with development teams to diagnose incidents and problems.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts on standards / tools / technologies / trends for environments management.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 786133-2028
Advertised: 06 Mar 2023