We work with Jenkins, FluxCD, Prometheus, Grafana, Kiali, Istio, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, AWS (EKS, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Aurora, DynamoDB, MSK etc).
We have an exciting opportunity for a Snr Cloud Engineer within our digital hub in London. Can you take scalable cloud services to new heights? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of developing our products? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Role: Senior Cloud Engineer
Function: Technology Operations
Location: London, we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Package: £70,000 - £80,0000 plus up to 30% company performance-based bonus, private healthcare cover and many more benefits.
Inside the role:
- Implementing automation with open source technology to deliver immutable infrastructure and consistent environments.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and techniques in the environment management realm and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes.
- Helping to define and maintain a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework.
- Define a monitoring strategy that allows the gathering and analysing of metrics from both infrastructure and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Integration of Whitbread systems with external applications and dependencies.
- Analysis of current capacity and future growth to feed into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning.
We’re open to you:
- Strong experience of designing and implementing AWS production systems.
- Experienced in building and deploying integrated systems using 'infrastructure as code' techniques using Terraform)
- Strong track-record of working with DevOps deployment, automation, orchestration and monitoring, using Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, AppDynamics.
- A DevOps mindset with a willingness to share knowledge and able to influence others.
- You will bring ideas, challenge and offer solutions to the team.
- Produce high-quality, clean and performant code.
- Product mindset and passion about building for internal stakeholders and external customer.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Experience of implementing resilient, highly scalable and highly available enterprise systems using MicroServices architecture.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 786133-1629
Advertised: 20 Mar 2023