We are the UK's leading hospitality business, the FTSE 100 company behind brands such as Premier Inn, Beefeater and Bar & Block. Powering our businesses is an Information Technology function with exciting plans to put Whitbread in an even stronger position to deliver the strategy to innovate and develop our UK and Germany business; focus on Premier Inn’s strengths to scale at speed internationally; and build the infrastructure and capabilities to support continuing long-term growth.
This role is accountable for supporting the Service Delivery team for IT Services that underpin our Premier Inn and Restaurants IT Operation. As a field based position, the SDM plays a vital role in creating/managing and maintaining long-term healthy ‘service-provider to customer’ relationships within the outlet division they serve. Supporting, facilitating and performance monitoring the internal and external suppliers to ensure that Service Delivery processes are tailored to the fast paced and complex environment so that they strike the balance between control, governance and flexibility.
Working closely with external/ internal suppliers and teams, the key responsibility of the SDM is governance across all areas of IT provisioned service including stakeholder management, service management, incident management/escalation, continual service improvement and customer satisfaction. This role is pivotal in ensuring service the continued availability of a revenue stream worth approximately £1.4bn.
What you will be doing:
- You will be the primary IT Service Delivery Manager within the Outlets/Operations Service Delivery Team for your division(s) to support the UK and Ireland Hotel and Restaurant Estate
- You will attend regional operation meetings throughout the year, report on service performance, highlight SLA achievement and create/highlight service improvement initiatives (The majority will require physical attendance, and some will be conducted remotely).
- You will build strong relationships with sites managers throughout your divisions, attending regular site visits and feeding back to the business/IT Service Delivery on service improvements/problems
- You will be the ultimate IT escalation point for your division and act as key point of contact and escalation for IT Service Delivery.
- You will provide service and supplier governance for your division, including assistance and ownership when appropriate in process and standards development/documentation (including Outlets/Operations Service Definition documents)
- You will manage the service performance of Whitbread IT suppliers (Tier 1/2 and 3)/external vendors providing IT Services to Outlets.
- Working alongside the Whitbread Insights team; you will support your division for key event planning and ensure all IT provisions are in place to avoid service disruption.
- In addition to IT, you will build strong relationships with internal Whitbread Teams including Service Delivery, Property Maintenance and Estate Development
- Working alongside divisional SDMs, you will work alongside the IT Procurement Team to report on supplier performance and ensure Contract management is up to date and future changes captured.
- You will be responsible for the Finance Management of Outlet Suppliers and ensure the delivery of service is cost-effective and within budget.
- You will work with fellow divisional SDMS to ensure all UK Outlet operational guidance is up to date, fit for purpose and available to the business.
- You will Provide local Project Co-ordination and work alongside Service and Transition teams to ensure the smooth transition of projects into operations (including New Site Openings).
- Working alongside all divisional SDMs, you will ensure all Outlets/Operation Risks/Issues/Problem/SIPs are captured and reviewed on a regular basis
What we'd like you to have:
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In Return, We Will Offer You
A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Car Allowance/car
A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
A genuine flexible working policy
Individual BUPA healthcare
Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
Free parking across our Head Office campus
Up to 25% discount off our brands
Perks at work
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 784057-2028
Advertised: 06 Oct 2022