Role: Digital Merchandiser
Location: Holborn, London - we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Type of role: 10 month Fixed Term Contract
As a Digital Merchandiser your role will involve the day to day management of merchandising content across digital channels (website, Google, Tripadvisor, and Trivago), including the new opening and refurb process. Optimise merchandising content such as imagery, descriptions, facilities and reviews resulting in increased demand to and conversion to booking.
What you will be doing:
- Be a key part of the process to open, exit and refurb our hotels. This will involve briefing creative team with required assets. Changes will be made across websites, apps and meta channels.
- Process of rolling out room type changes and ancillary changes across websites, apps and meta channels.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and create backlog of improvements. Create briefs for studio team for photography and copy changes. Assess performance of changes.
- Ensure reviews and comments on digital properties align to brand and ecommerce principles.
- Working with Trading team improve internal search terms through additions and edits where necessary.
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Project management skillset. Able to keep stakeholders updated with progress and timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to influence.
- Strong appreciation for design and usability, with an instinct for what will work in an Ecommerce environment.
- Experience in merchandising role (travel or retail) would be beneficial
- Project management experience
- Experience briefing requirements to creative and IT teams.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 783848-2028
Advertised: 06 Sep 2022