The PI&R Accounting Manager has responsibility for ensuring the accurate and efficient accounting and reporting of Premier Inn & Restaurants and Overheads. They are responsible for reviewing journal t...
Role: Finance Manager, Accounting
Function: Financial Accounting & Controls
Location: Dunstable- we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Type of role: Permanent
The PI&R Accounting Manager has responsibility for ensuring the accurate and efficient accounting and reporting of Premier Inn & Restaurants and Overheads. They are responsible for reviewing journal transactions and balance sheet reconciliations of their direct report to ensure reliable, timely and accurate information is provided to key stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
• To be the first point of contact for day-to-day PI&R A&C queries
• To establish and embed robust new controls and processes, and improve existing ones
• To manage two direct reports, ensuring the control and accuracy of their work
• To act as role model for the analysts in the team, and to support them in their processes and personal development
• Financial reporting – providing high quality first line reporting internally and ensuring the integrity and full statutory compliance of financials
• Ownership of PI&R and Overheads balance sheets and understanding risks and opportunities. Best practice reconciliations.
• Responsible for all accounting of Overhead cost centres
• Delivery of financial controls in line with the Financial Control Framework
• System utilisation and control, to maximise the effectiveness of Oracle Fusion
• Ownership of the F&B cost of sales and stock accounting and relationship with the F&B finance team
• To establish new VAT processes, improving the data flow and supporting the indirect/direct tax teams
Why we’d love you to apply:
• Graduate-calibre qualified accountant (ACA)
• Well grounded in accounting policies and best practice (UK GAAP, IFRS)
• Key financial processes (Budget, Forecast, Yearend, BS & CF reporting)
• Financial processes and process improvement
• Control frameworks and risk
• Excellent inter-personal skills and stakeholder management, including influencing at all levels within the business
• Strong systems, database and Excel modelling skills.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Dealing with auditors and managing a year end process
• Interacting with senior stakeholders
• Proven ability to work as a lead and subject matter expert as part of a cross functional team
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
• An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
• An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
• BUPA healthcare
• Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
• Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
• Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
• Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
• Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
• A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
• Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 780887-1629
Advertised: 05 Aug 2022