Lead the Estate Development Premier Inn Refurbishment Programme, overseeing the design and delivery of all complex, cross-functional projects relating to PI Refurbishment and Estate Development Projects which are key to Whitbread’s strategic objectives and future operating model.
Manage the Estate Development Co-ordinators role, ensuring that projects have administration and co-ordination support from-52 weeks up until the project go-live.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the design and delivery of all complex, cross-functional projects relating to PI Refurbishments which are key to Whitbread’s strategic objectives and future operating model
- Ensuring integrated ways of working amongst diverse Whitbread teams , delivering transparent communication and simplified governance across all projects .
- Lead the full end to end delivery of complex Estate development refurbishment projects or programmes, from initiation and planning through requirements, delivery and handover to Business as usual.
- Deliver change into the organisation through the application of ‘best in class’ programme management.
- Ability to manage (line and activity) multiple dedicated resources delivering individual key projects, and proven ability to link dependencies into overall Programme objectives.
- Ability to influence senior level leaders to reach key programme decisions.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and recommendations to ensure highest quality outcome is achieved.
- Role model team leadership behaviours, programme management, technical and behavioural capability.
- Ensuring that the delivery of the programme is to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget and meets the wider business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver the programme ( or portfolio of related projects) within time and budget tolerances
- Provide strategic thought leadership to best delivery practice
- Direct, steer and influence programmes with effective engagement with senior stakeholders and 3rd parties
- Full accountability for programme delivery scope across the major initiative.
- Drive the definition of business case
- Monitor overall benefits tracking and report back performance against benefits post initial deployment prior to handover to service
- Drive communities of practice across programmes of work
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with Strategy and Architecture, Service and Security teams
- Ensure commercial arrangements with partners are set effectively and are competitive
- People manage direct reports
- Assure programme transition successfully from delivery into managed support/service
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT resources (project managers, solution architects, business analysts, testing resources) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
What we’d like you to have:
- Multi-year experience of using programme management methodologies ( Prince2)
- Proven experience of managing complex programmes of work that cross functions
- Proven ability to influence critical stakeholder groups up to OD level
- Proven experience of resource allocation and team management
- Proven experience of managing complex plans to an agreed timeline
- Finance – conversant with business financial accounting and able to analyse and report data effectively to key financial stakeholders
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 780741-2028
Advertised: 04 Aug 2022