Role: Commercial Finance Manager - (Premier Inn F&B)
Function: Finance (F&B)
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire (Hybrid working)
Employment Type: 14 month Fixed Term Contract
Within this role, you will be working in the Food & Beverage UK Finance team performing commercial analysis and business partnering to drive decisions, sales, menu pricing, product mix and promotional strategy across our 820+ Premier sites. This role requires both strong commercial accounting knowledge and the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders.
Inside the Role
- Financial planning of menus for Premier Inn – insight & challenge throughout planning process and ensure in line with agreed targets
- Implementation of Pricing strategy and policies as part of menu planning process
- Budgeting and forecasting of F&B margin – linked to menu, promotional plans and product cost
- Provide effective and proactive support / challenge for commercial decisions that deliver F&B offer for Premier Inn and associated sales and margin
- Provide Insight and challenge on underlying drivers of menu performance, at dish and category level – impact of price, cost inflation, cost savings and mix on covers, SPH and margin
- Financial control of stock forecasting process to ensure stock outs and waste minimised
- Understand drivers of inflation to incorporate risks or opportunities into future menus regarding pricing or product specification
- Partner with the supply chain team to ensure stock forecasts are accurate to minimise waste at depot and site
We’re open to you
- Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Commercially astute with the ability to understand operational business drivers impacting sales & margin.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify core issues and provide assessments grounded in compelling logic.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal with the ability to simplify complex issues
- Brilliant stakeholder engagement with the ability to influence up to a senior level and build strong professional relationships.
- A background in or knowledge of food/ hospitality industry or FMCG businesses would be beneficial
Times are changing, but our ambition is bigger than ever. The budgeting, forecasting and scenario modelling within the finance team is pivotal in finding the right answers to drive us forwards. With new concepts launching, spaces secured and reams of plans in motion, there’s never been a more exciting time to join than right now. Get to experience career growth that moves as fast as we do and be part of framing where we’re heading.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
- Salary - Up to 30% Bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 30%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 780674-1629
Advertised: 01 Aug 2022