Senior Site Reliability Engineer | Holborn | Permanent
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer for our premierinn.com website, and internal enterprise applications you have the challenge of working on and improving live products used by millions of users across the world. To give you an idea of the scale, our premierinn.com website handles nearly £1.5billion worth of transactions a year.
What you will be doing:
- Work with business analysts and product architects to review requirements and identify areas of risks to the performance of the online platforms
- Review architectures and detailed designs to ensure risks are considered and are mitigated
- Communicate risks and mitigation plans to management and architects
- Build performance models and projections from architecture and designs to increase confidence the solution being built will work
- Contribute to prototyping activities to identify the best solution to implement and update the performance models
- Enable and support the code review process to ensure the code delivered meets the standards on performance
- Lead development testing of performance risky areas to get early feedback and update the performance models
- Enable and support profiling of any code performing poorly and the identification of optimizations
- Provide inputs to the performance & scalability testing team, including requirements, risks, models and measurements from development testing
- Review customer support issues and customer feedback to identify any missed performance risks and areas to protect further
- Participate to the investigation, diagnosis and solution of customer support issues related to performance
- Contribute to root cause analysis of performance problems, covering product and process, to support continuous improvement of our teams and organisation
- Educate and mentor developers on performance best practices and anti-patterns
- Relevant project experience of at least 10 years in performance engineering and good experience in Retail or Hospitality domain
- Experience in performance benchmarking and Non-functional requirement gathering
- Understand performance requirements, workload analysis/modelling, performance test approach planning, test data planning
- Define benchmarking and engineering document plan
- Provide RCA for production outage incidents
- Review release process and streamline the process for performance improvements
- Tune online platform for peak trading activities, provide Capacity management framework
- Hands on knowledge of industry standard DB technology e.g. fDB2, Oracle
- Experience in cloud based technology solutions
- Should have experience on monitoring/profiling tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NewRelic
- Should have experience in java programming skills to write custom functions/codes
- Should have knowledge in performance testing tools such as Loadrunner, Neoload, JMeter
What we are looking for:
- Highly experienced SRE Engineer who can influence IT teams in the best practise in SRE.
- A DevOps mindset with a willingness to share knowledge and able to influence others.
- Strong experience of implementing AWS production systems for high-value transactional websites including cost predictions, optimisations, resilience and performant.
- Experience of implementing resilient and highly available systems at enterprise-scale.
- Working knowledge for Agile processes and tools required to promote this methodology.
- Ability to work with development teams to diagnose performance incidents and problems.
- Strong knowledge of microservice architecture, container management and orchestration.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts on standards / tools / technologies / trends for environments management.
We offer you:
- A modern, dynamic and fun work environment in a digital delivery team
- Car allowance/Company car
- Stability of a multinational hospitality giant, yet working within a tech start up style office
- The challenge of working on live products used by millions of users across our worldwide brands: Premier Inn, Beefeater, Bar and Block (to name a few!)
- Freedom and responsibilities - we expect you to deliver without micro-management
- An office in the buzzing City - take a break and enjoy one of the hundreds of restaurants or food stalls down Leather Lane.
- Development opportunities – reward and job satisfaction are top priorities, whether it’s access to our Digital Training Academy (free online training, classroom training courses, knowledge exchange Communities etc.), stimulating & fun work environments including team games/activities, pool table tournaments, etc.
- A very competitive compensation package including up to a 30% bonus.
- Generous 25days annual leave, 10% matched pension, Private healthcare (family cover through BUPA), Whitbread Sharesave Scheme
- Discounts to a wide range of products including our brands, travel, gym memberships, technology, etc
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 780525-1629
Advertised: 02 Aug 2022