Platform Service Engineer (Corporate)| Dunstable | Permanent
The Platform Services Engineer for Support Centre is responsible for the continued management and support of the Corporate Infrastructure (such as AD, AAD, O365, Intune and Microsoft Identity Manager).
About the role:
The role holder will use their technical knowledge to continually maintain and monitor the underlying platforms, ensuring they remain performant and available in line with business requirements, suggesting improvements for the support centre infrastructure and contribute towards project delivery with a “cloud first” mentality.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the subject matter expert for core Infrastructure technologies (AD, AAD, Office 365, Intune, AAD Conditional Access, Microsoft Identity Manager, ZScaler etc)
- Manage the configuration and life cycle management of corporate platforms, ensuring that the systems remain complaint and adhere to our security policies and standards
- Ongoing administration of core SaaS services such as Office 365, Intune, Exchange Online, AAD, ZScaler, AAD Conditional Access and Microsoft Identity Manager.
- Facilitate the migration of our on-premise infrastructure to cloud
- Maintain the Platform Services ticket queues, ensuring that SLA’s are met in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes
- Work with third party Vendors to ensure that they continue to provide a consistent level of service
- Ensure that all platforms remain performant in line with business requirements and have sufficient capacity to deliver the underlying service now and for the future
What you’ll need:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of eitherMicrosoft Windows Server 2016 Administration, Active Director/AAD Administration, Microsoft System Centre, Exchange Online or InTune
- Strong knowledge of technologies such as Powershell, Active Directory or Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends / standards / tools / technologies for EUC devices
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas
- Assumes responsibility for escalated incident and problem resolution and uses expertise to offer solution options and recommendations and to direct third parties in their investigations
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complicated technical issues
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management/executives
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
• A market competitive base salary + up to 30% annual bonus
• Sharesave scheme
• A collaborative work culture that focuses on supporting your success
• A flexible working policy you can rely on
• Up to Family Cover BUPA healthcare
• Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
• Up to 25% discount off our brands
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue and sales, and you’re there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you in.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 779715-1629
Advertised: 27 Oct 2022