ER Delivery Manager – Head Office
Location: Hybrid Working – 2days a week from Support Centre in Dunstable
Full Time: 35 hours per week.
Are you an experienced ER Manager, who can manage stakeholders up to Exec level?
Would you like to have ownership of Employee Relations for a FTSE100 Head Office?
Do you have experience of data protection?
If all of the above is a yes, then read on…
- Provide legally compliant and commercially focused Employee Relations Advise across our UK Support Centre to improve Employee Relations outcomes which enables business goals, champions Whitbread values and supports our organisational goal to be an employer of choice
- To support and partner with our UK Support Centre teams by providing ER guidance, coaching them to achieve the appropriate ER solutions which are wholly connected to key business drivers and support the transformation of ER delivery within the functions
- To work with HRL and Data Champions to ensure the achievement of data protection compliance across the HR function and achievement against the HR Data Protection Plan (c20% role)
What you’ll be doing:
- Coach, partner and support HR Business Partners and Senior Business Leaders to manage complex, high risk and executive ER cases to deliver effective outcomes for the business.
- Assess potential risks from a legal, financial, and reputational perspective to deliver, in partnership with HR and Central Functions, robust decisions to reach an appropriate outcome.
- Challenge legal advice and/or management decisions where appropriate and influence others to achieve effective resolutions and continuous improvement through outputs and learnings from other cases.
- Effectively manage all Employment Tribunal claims within the Support Centre through assessing potential risks to make informed and balanced decisions to reach the most effective outcome for the business, whilst working in close conjunction with external legal advisors.
- Provide a responsive service to support with ER solutions and delivery on a national scale within the brand.
- Development and delivery of training as and when required to meet the needs of the business/audience i.e. delivery of ER workshops, conducting developmental sessions to communicate changes to Policy, case law changes, legislation updates, process improvements to ensure improved awareness within all relevant areas of the business.
- Working with Data Protection Legal Counsel and DPO in adhering to governance and processes around data protection matters. Using judgement to escalate, where required, to the DP Legal Counsel or DPO and/or seek the advice of DPO SMEs.
- Matrix management of team of Data Champions across HR function to deliver against the HR Data Protection Plan and remain Data Protection/GDPR compliant.
What you’ll need:
- Significant Employee Relations experience (18 months+).
- Strong HR background and experience in shaping and managing change
- Experience in partnering with senior leadership teams as a trusted expert
- Experience of providing advice to senior managers on Employment Relation issues.
- Experience attending tribunals where they may represent individuals.
- Operational excellence of Employee Relations.
- Significant experience in dealing with change management, particularly redundancy and TUPE.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 774370-1629
Advertised: 13 Jul 2022