You will manage the regional maintenance contractors, developing a winning team to meet the agreed operational service level agreement to ensure profitable growth and everyday efficiencies are met.
The Regional Maintenance Manager will implement within individual regions the agreed 5 year R&M strategic plan:
- Delivering a Premier Inn and Restaurants service level agreement in repairs and maintenance
- Delivering a life cycle asset management approach across all Premier Inn and Restaurants property functions.
You will drive a culture of continuous improvement within team and share adopted best practice with peer group and Property team as a whole to achieve greater outcomes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Within region Implement 5 year R&M strategic plan as directed by line manager
- Within region provide technical support to operations and contractors. Act as an escalation point to Operations, Contractors and Helpdesk
- Regional delivery of budgets (Central Revenue, Central Capital, Individual site budgets, PMV remedial)
- Work alongside contract managers to effectively deliver agreed contractor performance KPI’s within region, achieving value for money and high standard of works.
- Carry out audits to ensure value for money and standard of works
- Attend as required contractor review meetings for regional contractors
- Document regional meetings, covering spend v budget, capital investment opportunities, R&M and site-specific issues
- Regional development investment plan ensuring all buildings meet an agreed minimum standard
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a maintenance environment
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to effectively source cost effective and quality quotes across multiple works
- At least 5 years Contract Management
- Ability to manage appropriate balance between customer empathy and company objectives
- Proven experience of managing and dealing with multiple tasks in a high-pressured multi-site environment
- Budget management experience
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, multi-site environment
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 773462-2028
Advertised: 08 Jul 2022