This role will drive the search engine strategy across Premier Inn working with Senior Acquisition Manager to implement Acquire, Protect, and Convert digital strategy across our paid search network an...
Role: Search Engine Marketing Manager
Location: Holborn, London- we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Type of role: Permanent
Would you like to build the search engine strategy for one of the UKs most high traffic websites?
Are you an expert at Organic and Paid Search?
Do you love using data to influence decision making?
If the answer is yes to the above, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
This role will drive the search engine strategy across Premier Inn working with Senior Acquisition Manager to implement Acquire, Protect, and Convert digital strategy across our paid search network and organic channels, UK and German markets.
As the search engine marketing manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the search engine strategy. Devising 6-month plans across both channels. Managing full-cycle execution of campaigns and BAU activity with varying objectives. This will include presenting and communicating data, results and proposed optimisations to the wider team and organisation.
Manage cross function projects, including with external agencies, data and IT teams, to further enhance the capability of all channels.
What you’ll be doing:
• Optimise existing channels such as Google & Bing search both paid and organic. Align to trading activity and market performance. Working with external suppliers to develop approach to content and its delivery as well as the acquisition team to adjust targets, optimisation internal bidding engine, hit financial targets.
• Shape a search engine view combining organic and paid results and devise 6-month plan based on the digital strategy. This will include seasonal activity, new content and a roadmap of tech development. Communicate plan with other teams to ensure understanding and promote collaboration. Managing full life cycle of campaigns including measurement of success.
• Work with IT teams, data teams and external agencies to enhance our automation engines and data models within channels, introducing and test new features.
• Ensure Premier Inn remains at the forefront of new technology and updates in the search space. As well as Keeping up to date with latest regulatory changes for advertising and data protection. Ensure Premier Inn remains compliant through change programmes.
• Drive and curate the SEO backlog within digital. Clearly demonstrate prioritisation of technical implementations whilst ensuring the websites stays fully aligned to latest Google updates. Working closely with our suppliers and internal teams drive the PR agenda forward planning to drive results at the right time
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 3 years of industry experience in Organic and Paid search.
• Excellent understanding of campaign management in Google/Bing as well as 3rd Part tools like Adcloud, Double click or Kenshoo.
• Understanding of SEO tools including SEM rush, Screaming Frog and Botify.
• Knowledge of analytics and audience tools.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
• An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
• An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
• BUPA healthcare
• Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
• Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
• Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
• Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
• Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
• A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
• Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 770387-1629
Advertised: 08 Aug 2022