Would you like to work for an award-winning Procurement team?
Would you like to be part of a function that has over a £1bn third party spend?
Do you have an understanding of Animal Welfare and husbandry standards?
About the role:
As a Procurement Manager you will be accountable for the sourcing of Primary Agriculture food categories for Whitbread Group, including the selection, appointment, and management of key suppliers, with specific categories across Poultry, Turkey, Eggs, Seafood.
You will be responsible for defining the raw material sourcing strategies for each category to ensure availability whilst negotiating and securing best price for every product.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development, implementation & maintenance of optimal sourcing strategies for key spend areas.
- Tender management, negotiation, and implementation of supplier agreements.
- Development & implementation of appropriate supplier management activities for all key suppliers across the portfolio.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Embed CSR (Force for Good) strategies throughout the category team’s activities
What you’ll need:
- Procurement/food category experience
- Highly credible in front of key suppliers
- Must have experience across multiple F&B categories and knowledge of the Foodservice/Wholesaler supply base
- Understanding of Animal Welfare and husbandry standards
- Procurement execution (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Relationship Management – Able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Solid financial and quantitative analysis skills, with the ability to distil complex analysis into clear business conclusions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to facilitate meetings and prepare reports from Board level objective.
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary
- Car Allowance of £5,650
- Up to 30% bonus
- 10% matched pension
- Private Medical Insurance (Family Cover)
- 25days holiday
- Share Save Scheme
- Discounts across Premier Inn and our leading restaurant brands
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 769304-2028
Advertised: 21 Jun 2022