As a Delivery Manager you’ll have the opportunity to work in a modern, dynamic and fun environment, with the backing of a FTSE100 organisation.
As one of the Delivery Managers for our PREMIERINN.COM website, you have the challenge of working on and improving live products used by millions of users across the world. To give you an idea of the scale, our premierinn.com website handles nearly £2billion worth of transactions a year.
This role manages the day to day workload of one or more DevOps delivery teams in activities ranging from scrum ceremonies and refinement sessions through to reviewing operational performance/stability and managing production issues as and when they occur.
What you will be doing:
- Work alongside senior commercial and IT stakeholders to ensure your teams deliver the highest standards of quality whether that be in building, releasing, maintaining or reporting on your product platform
- Work across the Delivery and Engineering teams to ensure the DevOps strategy is followed
- Be in effect the face of Digital technology for all internal and external parties with a vested interest in your product platform ranging from Whitbread executives through to 1st line support engineers and on occasion our valued customers so you will manage pro-active and reactive communications with finesse, humility and authority.
- You will regularly be in situations where you will be face to face with board level directors, managing the expectations they place on a technical owner of their £1.4bn sales platform, developing and maintaining their confidence in both you, your teams and the overall Digital technology function
- Be the primary point of contact for your counterpart Product Manager. Alongside the Product Manager and the Engineering Managers responsible for the layers of technology that make up your product platform, you will lead the planning of both the future initiatives pipeline readiness but also the forward planning of people and system capacity estimating and associated budgeting on a rolling 12 months
- Be part of the Digital management team with an attitude for 24/7 ownership of both your own platform but also the overall Digital platform and its reputation within the business and with our various customer bases
- Push the boundaries of what we believe good looks like through leading Digital management initiatives, driving improvements across people, processes and systems.
- You will hate to fail but not scared to do so either and you will instil this into the teams you manage and support courage in your management peers
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects, channels and platforms, as well as the risks and issues jeopardising your teams’ success, ensuring that the appropriate resources are utilised, stakeholders are regularly informed and that the consequences of any actions are clearly understood
What we'd like you to have:
- Solid experience operating within Agile teams in a leadership capacity
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Certifications and extensive experience with Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, DevOps
- Advanced level of skill with Jira, Confluence, Microsoft 365 (Office), Mural
- Proven experience of delivering high availability highly transactional B2C and B2B services
- A demonstrable passion for digital experiences
- Strong stakeholder management skills with multiple external suppliers/service providers.
- Online/digital/direct-to-consumer industry experience.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- Car Allowance/Car
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Individual / Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 769193-1629
Advertised: 31 Aug 2022
Application closed: 30 Jun 2023