The core purpose of the role is to project manage the delivery of new IT-enabled business capabilities in line with the Whitbread strategic objectives. This includes all aspects of project management...
Senior IT Project Manager | Whitbread Court | Permanent
The core purpose of the role is to project manage the delivery of new IT-enabled business capabilities in line with the Whitbread strategic objectives. This includes all aspects of project management; Project Planning, Resource Management, Financial Management, Risk Management, Communication, Supplier Management, Investment Planning, Governance & Compliance, Change Control and Solution Delivery.
The role has a specific focus with:
- Successfully delivering multiple projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope in line with the agreed business plan and IT roadmap
- Shaping the planning of future IT initiatives to support the business plan
- Day to day engagement with multi-stakeholder group, including senior stakeholders, IT & business team colleagues, external IT suppliers to ensure all parties are fully aware of project timelines, expectations and status.
- Ensure compliance with IT and business governance standards
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of IT projects
- Setting realistic and practical goals for the project
- Evaluate progress of the project on a frequent basis and make timely interventions as needed to drive down project risk
- Manage third-party supplier project deliverables to time, cost and quality.
- Take responsibility at project level for all dimensions of the project: delivery, governance, reporting, risk & issues, financial/budget management, resourcing and communication
- Manage the transition from project delivery into managed support arrangements
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT project resources (business analyst, test) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
- Maintain project quality by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Manage financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Support preparation of project investment cases
- Responsible for alignment of IT solution with business objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Significant experience managing multiple IT projects, including budgets over £500k
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business IT solutions from concept through to operational use
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams
- Experienced in Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Solid foundation of technology knowledge and ability to adapt new skills and techniques as they emerge in the fast-moving technology sector
- Strong collaborative approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills and strong organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-drive – responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace
- Strong project planning, budget planning and resource management
- Transparent risk & issue management with response mitigation
- Strong third-party management
- Fluent German speaking would be beneficial as well as experience with international stakeholder
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
17 Jun 2022