Role: Reward Manager – Executive Pay
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire (Hybrid working – 2 office days a week)
Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus and other benefits
You’ll be using your strong executive reward experience to support the development, and ensure the effective implementation, delivery and communication of Executive and Senior Leader Reward policies; enabling the attraction and retention of key employees. The role also involves managing the operational execution of our global mobility policy and partnering with our business in Germany as we evolve our reward plans outside of the UK.
What you will be doing:
Executive and Senior Leader reward
- Supporting the Reward Pensions & Insight Director in developing Executive and Senior Leader reward frameworks and determining the proposed Long Term and Annual Incentive Scheme measures and targets.
- Using internal and external benchmarking data to provide salary recommendations and reward proposals for Senior Leader new hires and role changes.
- Providing relevant Senior Leader related information, analysis and recommendations as required.
- Pro-actively monitoring the external landscape to keep up to date on regulatory, legislative and shareholder developments to identify issues that impact reward strategy and design as well as identifying leading-edge practices and emerging trends in executive reward.
- Providing support to the Remuneration Committee and Compensation & Benefits Committee to enable them to efficiently manage their responsibilities, including drafting of high-quality papers.
- Drafting the content, and providing data, for the PLC Annual Report together with inputting into the AGM preparation.
- Managing employment documentation for Senior Leaders, working with external lawyers as required.
- Supporting the management of Senior Leader share plans and responding to day-to-day queries and data requests.
- Managing the operational execution of the global mobility policy for assignees and business sponsors.
- Partnering with our relocation provider to ensure the best commercial terms and excellence in service in terms of quality, compliance and cost efficiency.
- Supporting the Head of Reward with defining and delivering the reward plans for the Germany market.
- Partnering with the Germany People Team to ensure appropriate oversight of reward activity.
- In addition to partnering with the Germany People Team, the role will involve collaborating with appropriate business partners in the UK People Team, Finance and Legal, together with external Remuneration Committee and tax advisers.
We're open to you:
- Strong Executive Reward experience with up to date knowledge of current and emerging matters
- You’ll have experience of share plans, senior leader contracts and service agreements and UK Corporate Governance
- Analysis and Insight – the ability to use sound judgement and analysis to provide clear recommendations backed up by credible data sources to support decision making
- You’ll need to be a strong communicator with the ability to quickly build relationships with stakeholders and external advisers; able to communicate complexity in a clear and compelling way
- Discretion and confidentiality are naturally essential
- Experience of global mobility and European reward would be beneficial but not essential.
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue and sales, and you’re there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you in.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 766935-1629
Advertised: 01 Jun 2022