Procurement Manager – Logistics and Revenue Generation
Accountable for managing the Logistics and Revenue Generation portfolio (total spend c.£75m) including the selection, appointment, and management of key suppliers. The portfolio includes:
- Logistics, including distribution, warehousing, waste management and couriers
- Revenue Generation activity, including car parking, vending, gaming
You’ll be responsible for the application of best practice procurement for Corporate Services categories, including provision of market insight, development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management. Supporting the delivery of the Brand and Product strategy to support future growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development of documented (3 year) sourcing strategies for agreed sub-categories in collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Input to the rolling 12 month sourcing plan for the categories covering planned stakeholder initiatives, Procurement initiatives, contract renewals etc.
- Determine appropriate approach to market when needed (single-stage RFP, two-stage RFI / RFP, eAuction etc.)
- Develop RFI, RFP documentation, eAuction content and ensure signature of required confidentiality agreements.
- Tender evaluation including commercial analysis, product/service evaluation, vendor capability evaluation etc.
- Negotiation to maximise savings and/or optimise price / quality / service / risk.
- Present contract award recommendations to key stakeholders and Senior Executives as required.
- Work with Group Legal to ensure development & implementation of robust contracts with all key suppliers.
- Input to the identification of key suppliers across the category and establishment of appropriate supplier management activities to oversee supplier performance against SLA / KPI’s and provide a forum for ongoing supplier development and improvement.
- Alignment of key suppliers to WHR business needs and business objectives.
- Engage with suppliers to consider the business as a preferred customer in presenting innovation and cost efficiency projects
- Lead implementation of tools and process improvements
- Ensure best-in-class service from our logistic and warehouse providers whilst optimising total cost of ownership
We’re open to you:
- Understanding of Logistics category and associated procurement best practice
- Conversant with a range of associated sourcing strategies
- Procurement execution (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Relationship Management – Able to build value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Influencing – Able to communicate & influence effectively at senior levels
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Car Allowance
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue and sales, and you’re there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you in.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 766687-2028
Advertised: 30 May 2022