Role: Procurement Manager – Food
Salary: £47,500 up to £51,000pa + bonus + benefits
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable (hybrid working with working from office twice a week)
This role isn’t just about getting the right product and the right price by working closely with our Brand and Development teams but also working with our Technical and Force for Good teams to ensure we are sourcing sustainable food for our hotels and restaurants. You’ll do that by visiting our suppliers, spending time at our sites and understanding the full end to end value chain. You’ll bring your confidence and influential negotiation skills to the table to select, appoint and manage key suppliers to drive efficiency and unlock value across a portfolio of food products. So, if you are an experienced buyer with a love of great and responsibly sourced food (with either/or/both Dairy and Produce experience) this is the role for you.
Inside the role:
- Development, implementation & maintenance of optimal sourcing strategies for key spend areas.
- Tender management, negotiation and implementation of supplier agreements.
- Development & implementation of appropriate supplier management activities for all key suppliers across the portfolio
- To work closely with the Development Team across all Brands as a key contributor to the decision-making framework for new products.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders as appropriate
Open to you:
- Proven Procurement experience within food (with either/or/both Dairy and Produce experience)
- Conversant with a range of sourcing strategies.
- Understanding of one or more food categories and associated best procurement practices
- Relationship management expertise – able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Strong influencing skills – able to communicate & influence effectively at senior levels
- Procurement execution experience (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Highly credible in front of key suppliers
- Working towards/CIPS qualified – beneficial but not essential
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
• A market competitive base salary + up to 30% annual bonus
• Sharesave scheme
• A collaborative work culture that focuses on supporting your success
• A flexible working policy you can rely on
• Up to Family Cover BUPA healthcare
• Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
• Up to 25% discount off our brands
Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue and sales, and you’re there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 766330-1629
Advertised: 08 Jun 2022