Role: Commercial Finance Manager
Function: Location & Commercial Strategy
Location: Dunstable- we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role.
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract- Maternity cover 13 months
As Commercial Finance Manager, you will be the overall lead for financial support across the PI Commercial Team acting as the key business partner for all PI product & proposition development, ancillary income, brand and digital marketing, B2B. Commercial support to UK & Germany in driving Accommodation sales.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver a robust and cost-effective Refurbishment programme through support on site selection and driving value for money
- Maintain control over capital/opex investments and PI Brand team expenditure (Brand Marketing & overheads)
- Financial evaluation of new PI customer and product development initiatives, including effective trials and investment appraisal
- Develop a commercial P&L with accurate budgeting and forecasting
- Lead Financial support to Product and Innovation team in driving PI Ancillary Revenue
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Excellent academics
- Qualified Accountant - (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) – Minimum 5 years PQE
- Excel – advanced excel skills with proven expertise in producing accurate but dynamic financial models
- Commercial Acumen – understanding of operational business drivers and ability to identify trends to inform future strategy.
- Interpersonal skills – excellent ability to communicate with non-financial colleagues at all levels
- Analytical rigour - a structured, methodical and broad-minded approach to business analysis.
- Challenging others - confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Managing and influencing stakeholders - proven track record of influencing and challenging at a senior/director level
- Actively Integrated into the Business- exposure to roles where finance acts as a key partner in driving business success
- Strategic grasp –experience in planning/strategic roles, and of adding value to the business through strong commercial judgement and insight
- People management experience – Experience in managing others – a clear sense of how to coach and develop others
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands. #
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 766327-1629
Advertised: 01 Jul 2022