Co Pilot Support and Compliance Manager
About the role:
To ensure that Premier Inn is “best in Class” in the hospitality field by proactively managing and developing the adherence to Policy, training and Standard Operating Procedures to maximise guest experience, investment and minimising reputational and operational risk. This will include ensuring operational practice is adhered to, being a centre of excellence and providing advice at all levels for optimum capability. Evolving and maintaining policies, processes and procedures that will ensure a safe operating environment, manage activity and focus on optimising operational performance and improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that targeted compliance is being driven through the Operation as Planned by use of investigation and practical testing of knowledge
- Continuously improve the content of systems and training by use of user input and business intelligence. Expand the offering through use of libraries and associated documents/videos
- Work with other managers across the business to co-ordinate business effort in addressing the maximisation of training time and communication
- Coach and develop team members to adopt new ways of working and embed Formulaic practice delivered with Flair
- Present areas of focus to Regional and Divisional Meetings making messaging clear, unambiguous and targeted at the appropriate level
- Target track and report to Senior Operations Management the impact of time spent on topics and associated improvements. Escalate areas that need to be addressed through the line
- Engagement with user areas, Safety & Security, HR, Procurement and IT to ensure a co-ordinated approach to change. Manage in conjunction with Operations Plan
- Provide input to Co-Pilot Change Committee, support maintenance and development and ensure deliverables are timely and appropriate for purpose
- Management of Content of Incident Management Booklet. Ensure reviews take place as a minimum annually and whenever change dictates
- Provide support and expert advice to sites and internal departments. Liaise with specialist areas such as Safety and Security and Insurance Companies to ensure maximum efficiency is achieved and best practice adhered to
We’re open to you:
- Qualification/experience in Risk & Compliance, Technology or relevant discipline.
- Track record of success in a similar role within a major company of similar structure and implementation of frameworks, controls and policies.
- Knowledge of Legal and technology implications in areas key to this role.
- Experience of working with indirect reports and driving outputs
- The ability to influence, negotiate, challenge and consult up to Executive level whilst interpreting and communicating needs at a lower level to ensure effective implementation of key drivers of success.
- Experienced in relationship building skills
- Self starter with the ability to generate new thinking and ideas with minimal input or supervision
- Excellent Verbal, written, structured planning and thinking skills. Ability to visualise strategy and translate it into operational effectiveness
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff to deliver effective capability and practice company wide
- The ability to plan, prioritise and work flexibly in responding to the changing needs and demands of a dynamic set of requirements within the role
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.